Our company is built upon three central beliefs:
- That historic resources are more likely to be preserved when individuals and organizations who own, manage, and advocate for them are knowledgeable and organizationally effective;
- That increasing the public’s awareness of and appreciation for historic resources is best accomplished through research, engaging interpretation, and opportunities to interact with the resource and its history; and
- That every organization and individual needs a defining goal that reflects their core values and provides direction; and any plan for achieving that goal must include steps toward financial security.
Our goal, then, is to help people responsible for America’s historic resources to build knowledge, organizational capacity, and financial security.
Consulting time is available on an hourly or project basis. We typically work with organizations over the course of several months, but are also available for short-term or on-call assistance.
As of 2012, we are pleased to offer a Strategic Plan & Implementation Package: one full year of assistance to:
- Review/refine mission and vision statements and set long-term goals
- Establish a system for implementing those goals on a year-by-year basis and coach you through the first year of its use
- Refresh your brand identity, if needed
- Develop a comprehensive fundraising strategy to help your organization reach its goals
This full year of assistance is available for a flat fee of $15,000, billed monthly, plus travel to your location for approximately 6–8 in-person meetings. In 2012, only five packages will be available.
For more information and to discuss your project, call Steph McDougal at 281 755 2144 or send email to steph (at) mcdoux (dot) com.